29 March 2010

Bon Voyage Brunch

Today my parents threw a lovely Bon Voyage Brunch for me, and we invited our closest friends (who we have come to think of as family) in Oswego.  It was really nice - very relaxed with yummy food, great conversation, and lots of laughs.

Okay, first and foremost (duh)... FOOD:













and of course, desserts!














Fruit pizza is the most delicious food to ever touch my lips.














We had so much food we didn't even touch the cake!  It was still pretty though.  I loved my dad's personal touch of the giraffe.

Next (and definitely most importantly), our friends, who I love oh-so-much:













My dad's co-workers and our oldest Oswego friends














My girls, there for me through it all














These people have made Oswego a great place for me to live!

For anyone who is not aware, I have a weird obsession with André, so it was a must-have for my farewell fiesta.

















My dad actually toasted me, and it was really sweet.














Typical, I sat there really awkwardly.

And just for fun, here are some pictures of decorations - we went with a safari theme, obvs.













See the zebra print ribbon around the cups?  Yeah, I did that myself... and cursed Martha Stewart the whole time for making it look so easy.














These little animals that my dad made were SO CUTE!



























Everyone looked at my scrapbooks and signed a page for me to look at when I'm homesick.


















I love fresh cut flowers!

Whew, that was a lot of pictures.  It was such a fun afternoon.  Once everyone had left though... I felt really, really lonely.  Saying goodbye is not an easy task.

L'absence diminue les mediocres passions et augmente les grandes, comme le vent eteint les bougies et allume le feu.  -Francois Duc de la Rochefoucauld

["Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire."]

To everyone who has made Oswego my home: you are my great passions!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment