12 June 2011

Sunday Series: Appliances I Miss, Part Three

Part Three: Bedside Lamp

Yes, I have electricity and thus could have a bedside lamp, but I’m trying to live with less:  less electricity usage, less outlets, less worrying about fires randomly starting while I’m sleeping, etc. 

One thing I’m trying to live with more of, however, is reading.  Before bedtime reading isn’t quite the same with my practically fluorescent ceiling light blazing into my eyes, so I resort to using my headlamp.  It actually works great.



However, it is in no way, shape, or form fashionable.  Neither pouty lips nor a peace sign can make this headlamp attractive.


The gems are from meeting with my favorite girls at school.
We also used the gems to pretend our noses were pierced.  Pretty cool.


It will be nice when I get home to enjoy the iridescent glow of a low-wattage bedside lamp.  Until then, I'll just have to deal with headlamp-hair.

2 comments:

  1. Tess, I love the second picture...I just laughed out loud! Only you could wear that and still look attractive. Miss you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine Clemmens23 July, 2011 02:45

    Your hair is getting so long! Still beautiful as always, even with a headlamp. Miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete