18 June 2011

In Defense of Having a Messy Room

I have an obsession with Smith’s Minted Rose Lip Balm.  In addition to my once reading that Mary-Kate Olsen uses it, it’s a perfect lip balm in every way.  (Oh, Rachael Ray uses it too!)  It instantly makes your lips smooth, moisturized, shiny with a slight natural red tint, and subtly scented, and a touch of peppermint leaves lips tingling, begging to be kissed.

See what I mean?!  Unhealthy obsession.  Imagine my despair when the one I brought with me ran out. 

Moving on.  I’m really bad about the packages I get.  There’s no recycling in my village (or really anywhere in Botswana for that matter) and I can’t bring myself to just throw away cardboard boxes.  So after a year of care packages, I had a pretty tall mountain in the corner and strewn across the floor.  I am a messy person, okay??  I have come to terms with it.

Anyway, I’m having some friends over to spend the night so I had to do something with all the boxes.  As I was cleaning everything up, I saw some red tissue paper on the ground and – lo! something was in it!  I unwrapped it and it was…

SMITH’S MINTED ROSE LIP BALM!

It must have fallen out of a package that I was unpacking and I didn’t notice.  For weeks, possibly months, I didn't notice.  I just spent five minutes dancing around my room in celebration.  But this leaves me with a mystery –

Who sent the lip balm??

If it was you, please step forward and accept your prize of eternal love from me!

This incident just goes to show that it is worth having a messy room sometimes.  I didn’t expect to have any good things come out of cleaning, but now I found something that practically changes my life!  I swear, finding that lip balm released more dopamine in my brain than crack cocaine would have.

Signing off with tingly lips,
Tess

P.S. This is the first day I’ve been able to access my internet in about a week.  There’s been a lull of internet service throughout the country.  I have a bunch of things to post, but waiting until it gets better so I can upload pictures too!

No comments:

Post a Comment