09 April 2010

A Cyberspace Caesura

Some last minute info about my trip (which begins tomorrow!):

Keeping in Touch

I will have very limited (if any) access to the internet for the next 2 months or so. Any chance I get though, I'll send out a quick "I'm safe and happy!" email to those of you who have given me your email. So if you haven't given me your email, please do! My email is tesskorb@gmail.com.

Otherwise, snail mail will be appreciated - my address is on the right-hand column of this page. I will respond as soon as I can :) Tip: My address will be changing, so after May 21st, hold off on sending anything until I update you.

Itinerary

Saturday I'll be in Philadelphia, and then Sunday I'm flying out of JFK. I have a long layover in Johannesburg, and then a short flight to Gaborone, the capital. I will be living with a host family for eight-and-a-half weeks, and then I'll be sent out to my specific site (as long as I survive training!). That's when the two years officially begins. My scheduled date to come home is June 2012 (so Kat... have your wedding at the end of June, okay?) Anytime in the middle though... I'd love some visitors haha.

Thanks for the love and support everyone! I wouldn't be able to do this without you!

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
-Saint Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment